Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holding Nothing Back

Two weeks ago, I had just finished my final projects, and was feeling a strong need to get away and be alone. As some of you know, my life has also changed dramatically since the start of December.

I felt overwhelmed, but as I walked through the forest alone with Him, I knew He was right there with me. That was all that mattered. In that moment, I felt completely satisfied. My life was fulfilled. I realized that it was only out of that fulfillment and overflow that my life would shine. It is not the other way round, for accomplishments can never fulfill me. Only He can.

I swam deeper into the moment with Him. I thirsted for more of Him, but I felt like I hit a ceiling.

Then, God said, "Son, I'm not holding anything back."

"In fact, I believe you can take more than you believe you can. I do not hold things back thinking that you cannot handle My fullness. There is no Ceiling, only what you think is the ceiling. I'm only here to break your ceilings."

"Son, you have held nothing back from Me. Why should I from you?"

"I want you to fly, to surpass others, to surpass Me, to be yourself."

I saw the sky, with no ceilings, where we could fly as we were made to be. We were not afraid that others would be threatened by our new freedom. And we would encourage those who are younger than us to fly higher than we have ever dared to go.

1 comment:

jem said...

fly. reach your dreams.