Sunday, December 13, 2009

Overcast

The skies were overcast, and rain fell in a light drizzle.

As I walked down the street, I felt His presence surround me. I smiled and snuggled in His arms. I looked at my life and what I have done. He has done so much for me, and me? I feel like I have only been messing around, not accomplishing anything. I backed away from His embrace. "God, don't invest so much in me. I'm not worth anything. I like having you around, but I will never accomplish much. Don't put too much hopes in me."

He paused. There was a silence. He was deep in thought.

Then, He said, "Let me tell you something..."

I waited. There was no response. Puzzled, I looked up, wondering what He would say next.

And there, the sun shone through the clouds. It nearly blinded me. The clouds parted for the moment, and the sun put everything in their glory.

Then, He said, "You cannot stop the sun from shining." He continued, "The clouds may come, the rains may fall, but the sun continues shining. Nobody can stop it from shining."

"Just be yourself."

And I saw my mind, my soul, my spirit glow with its own light. He likes me for who I am. He likes my quirkiness, my ups and downs, my humor, my struggles, my moments of intense joy. My life is interesting, many things have happened, many things are coming. I love my life. I wouldn't give it up for anyone else's. My successes worth celebrating, and my struggles even more amazing than my successes, though few people celebrate their struggles. People can judge me, will judge me, but as for me, I rejoice in who I am, because my Judge reviewed who I am and called it good.

"You are above and beyond understanding.
If we did not praise, the rocks would cry out."

1 comment:

jem said...

bro,

miss talking to you about God and sharing revelations with you. so deep.

havent been on your blog for a while, but everytime im here, im blessed.