Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Science and Religion

I finally recorded my talk on Science and Religion! I gave the talk to some colleagues here at my worksplace on 1 Dec, and we had some really interesting discussion after that. Thanks to my brudder Joel, you can access the presentation file and voice recording at this website:

http://www.stanford.edu/~joelgoh/shaowei/talk/

Here is a short gist of what I spoke about:

1. Science vs Religion

Three major arguments by Science against Religion:

  • To understand our world, there is no need for a "God hypothesis".
  • We cannot observe God, so God cannot be real.
  • Evolution and Big Bang has proven that God does not exist.

We will discover that these arguments are true to a large extent (which is why they are so convincing), and will uncover some deep unexpected questions as well.

2. If God exists, how are we supposed to find Him?

We discover that the Greeks who lived 2000 years ago wondered about the same question, and a man named Paul had some answers for them.

No comments: