Monday, August 08, 2011

The way we think about things

A wise friend of mine, Allan, said to me, "Your job is not the source of your finances. God is." Sometimes, we look to certain things in our lives for the solution, but we don't realize we are limiting the ways God could work in or lives. All the riches of the world belong to Him. God could provide money through a fish's mouth (Matt 17:27).

When everything has been accomplished on the cross, the only thing left for us to do is to believe. The wisdom of this world tells us that this is foolishness, but the way of living in the Kingdom is different. What we think affects what we believe.

We need to start thinking differently and brilliantly (as Graham Cooke puts it), such as remembering that God is our source of provision, not our job. As my friend Jeremy puts it, it's all about Perspective.

1 comment:

Jasper Loy said...

Well, I certainly hope God will take care of my MP, since I'm at my wit's end.