Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dental Surgery

I went for a dental surgery yesterday, to have a piece of my bone moved from the chin to my gums. Before the surgery, I was totally at peace, feeling no stress at all. God told me that He would be with me throughout. It was only when I was wearing my surgery clothes that I started to fear the pain. He, in all honesty, told me that there would be pain, but His grace would be sufficient for me to bear it.

Indeed, there was a point in the operation when they were drilling the bone out of my chin, and they could not loosen it so they used a chisel. The pain struck straight to my bone. In that moment, God shouted out, "TRUST ME!". I gripped my hands and thought, "God, save me!" His peace filled me, and He told me, it would soon be over.

After the operation, I realised why He said, "TRUST ME!". I was not to trust in my own courage (which I had none), nor was I to trust in the dentists. Yet, God was guiding the hands of the dentists, He is the real one who was doing the operation. That's why I should trust Him. Only He can give me peace.

I was also reminded during the surgery, how it was like surgery on our hearts. God did not promise us no pain. In fact, He warns us of it, and tells us to count the cost. Without surgery, there can be no healing and no change. We need to Trust in Him, our master Surgeon. His grace is sufficient for the enduring of our pains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well very soon. Then u will have a wonderful and comfortable smile. Take care!